Edit 22/1/2021 - updated the download to point to DA40 NCAT repaint as it previously incorrectly downloaded the Diamond Flight School aircraft.
This is a repaint of the DA40 NG in the colours of the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology. The NCAT took delivery of 6 DA40 NG aicraft in February 2020 as part of a fleet upgrade to eventually include 20 new Diamond aircraft. You can read about this in Diamond's press release Here.
- Custom exterior livery based on actual aircraft
- Custom interior colour based on actual aircraft.
- Exterior texture texture resolution at 4k to allow more detailed fuselage graphics.
- ATC contact uses correct registation abbreviation.
- Added prop tip colour and adjusted prop blur to reduce strobing.
Just copy the folder in this zipfile to your MSFS "Community" folder.
Compatible with both the MSFS standard DA40-NG and the DA40-NGX Improvement Mod, which I recommend. You can find this mod by searching for "DA40-NGX" (without the quotes) using the search feature at this top of this screen.
- Asobo introduced a number of errors into the DA40 visual model with the update to version 184.108.40.206, resulting in black rectangles appearing on the body as you zoom out in external view. Also the surround of the PFD is missing on the interior. These visual errors will occur if you are using the MSFS default DA40-NG, but will not occur if you are using the DA40-NGX Improvement Mod, as it utilises the pre-update visual model.
- The aircraft registration of the other aircraft is part of the aircraft textures, to allow a custom font style/colour. As a result you can’t change the registration to one of your own on this repaint.
- If you haven’t modified the aircraft.cfg file but still find 2 registrations appearing on the aircraft fuselage, check if you have a registration value set in ATC options (available when selecting an aircraft). Remove any values you find there to prevent any registration duplication on this aircraft.
- This is an accurate repaint of the DA40 NG in the colours of the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology. The registration number used was that when the aircraft was delivered. I could find no record if the registration changed after delivery to use Nigerian registration, so it has been represented in one of the 6 delivery registations.
- The white tips of the propeller blades on the DA40 are visible in the prop blur from inside the cockpit, which would not be the case in the real aicraft. This is a limitation of the model by Asobo, which was built with no prop tip colours.
- While the interior colour has been replicated to exactly match the light brown of the actual aircraft, the seat bases sometimes appear grey in low light conditions. This is a limitation of the method Asobo use to generate lighting effects.
This repaint is provided free of change and are not to be repurposed for inclusion with any commercial package or uploaded to another site. The use of the downloaded repaint is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities.
You can contact me on the Microsoft forums under user BilingualHarp7 and the thread created for the release of my aicraft repaints. Contact me here on the MSFS Forums.