The Discus-2c is a single-seat, high-performance sailplane by German glider manufacturer Schempp-Hirth. The sailplane also comes in a front electric sustainer version (FES) available for purchase in the Discus-2c Premium Edition. The Discus-2c features composite construction, advanced flight control surfaces for precise control, and a state-of-the-art wing design that maximizes glide performance and aerodynamic efficiency. The 18 meter version has a 28.5 aspect ratio and each version has a top speed of 174 miles per hour. One of the most advanced soaring craft ever developed, the incredible Discus-2c allows aviators to master the heights in the purest form of flight. Stay aloft in the mountains by riding ridge lift, circle into a cloud base on thermals, or just glide along silently on laminar air. The Discus-2c allows aviators to become one with the sky.
OPTIONAL LX-NAV REPLACEMENT PACKAGE:
JackBilbo, an avid Discus-2c Community Member, has developed a very exciting Navigation Replacement Addon. If installed to your Community Folder, this add-on will replace the default Navigation Display in your Discus-2c. This optional add-on is very robust and includes features like Customization Options, Color Grading, Visual Ballast Control, Topology Maps, Advanced Thermal Tracking, Additional Overlay Options, Task Management, Competitive Timers, Visual Polar Sequencing, Precise Unit of Measurement Customization and More! Consider flying with this Replacement Add-on if you are delving into advance gliding and wish to have more customization. His Replacement Package is Drag-n-Drop Ready for your Community Folder.
HOW TO INSTALL:
- Locate your Microsoft Flight Simulator installation folder.
- You need to locate and open the folder named Community.
- Copy the "gotfriends-discus2c" folder you just extracted to the Community folder.
- Read the included Flight Manual for an in-depth look into all the aircraft features.
- Start the game and your Discus-2c will be sitting in your hanger ready to fly!
- NEED HELP? Follow this Flightsim.to Tutorial
Flightsim.To Official Release (Features):
- Discus-2c (Original) Variant
- Custom LX-Navigation and GPS-Navigation Display
- Built-In Winch Launch
- Built-In Multiplayer Towing
- 4 Included Thermal Activated Weather Presets
- 4 Base Liveries
- Realistic Flight Model and Polar Curve
- Custom V8 Variometer with Customization, Sounds, Netto/Total Modes, and MacCready Adjustment
- 8k/4k Texture Sets with High Quality 3D Modeling
- Ballast Dump Management System
- Ballast Dump Effects, Vortices Effects, and Landing Effects
- In-Game Checklists and Tooltips
- Custom High Quality Sounds
- Yawstring with Custom Animations
- Included Got Friends Glider Club Airfield
- Full Kinetic Assistant Compatibility
- Full XCSoar Compatibility
- Jonx: XML Coding, Navigation HTML Modifications & Weather Presets
- Got Gravel: Flight Model, Winch Launch HTML and V8 Variomenter HTML
- twoseventyinc: Liveries and Material Effects
- MyKrode: Full 3D Modeling
- GurtTractor: Custom Sound Design and Professionally Recorded Elements
- Touching Cloud: FLARM System, Towplane System, and Supporting Code
- Ian Lewis (B-21): Supporting HTML and Supporting XML Coding
- Flying Hedgehog: Got Friends Glider Club Scenery (Airfield) (ICAO: GTFD)
- JackBilbo: Navigation Modifications (Discus-2c/DG808S NavMod)
- Asobo/Microsoft: General Assets & SDK
OPTIONAL ADD-ONS & DOWNLOADS:
- Premium Version: Advanced Gliding Features, FES Motor Variant, Visual Elements and More! https://flightsim.to/product/discus-2c-premium
- Kinetic Assistant: AI Towplane Spawning, Create/Record Towplane Tracks, Ground Handling, Visual Birds & Spirals, Thermal Injection, Racing Competitions, and More! https://msfs.touching.cloud/mods/kinetic-assistant/
- Additional Community Liveries: https://flightsim.to/discover/discus
- Official Paint Kit: https://flightsim.to/file/25526/discus-2c-glider-paint-kit
- Official Flight Manual: https://www.got-friends.com/flight-manuals