Kings Island amusement park, Cincinnati, OH
Kings Island (known from 1993 to 2006 as Paramount’s Kings Island) is an amusement park located in Mason, OH, about 25 miles northeast of Cincinnati. Originally opened in 1972, the park currently covers 364 acres of land and features over 100 attractions, including 14 roller coasters. Among other records and superlatives, Kings Island currently features the longest roller coaster in the United States (The Beast) as well as the largest amount of wooden roller coaster track of any park in the world. The park will celebrate its 50th anniversary in April 2022.
- Full recreation of Kings Island amusement park, completely replacing the native photogrammetry (note that the adjacent water park still uses the default photogrammetry; I’m hoping to add that later on). The majority of buildings are cleaned up and color corrected versions of Google photogrammetry models, while all large rides and coasters, and some large buildings, are hand-made and hand-textured by me based on a variety of references. In particular, I’m super proud of the four wood-structured rides, which each took quite awhile to detail out properly. This package also includes a re-creation of the new Orion giga-coaster, which was produced from photo reference only.
- LOD models used for more complex objects.
- Optional aerial photo of Orion to replace default imagery, which is a little out of date. Due to current limitations of the sim, this will not display if you have photogrammetry turned on.
- Terraforming and extensive retouched vegetation throughout
- Custom night lighting in Blender for coasters and rides, including accurate aircraft warning beacons.
- Park-wide night lighting enhancements using native light objects
- Landmark POI added to World Map
- New in version 1.1: Improved model for Skycoaster (based on my model for the identically sized Skycoaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain); various vegetation tweaks (optimized for Bijan Hibashi's Four Seasons pack, but compatible with default vegetation)
- Download the ZIP file and extract the "whitearcades-kingsisland" (and optionally “whitearcades-kiaerial”) folder to your Community folder:
For the Microsoft Store version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_\LocalCache\Packages\Community
For the Steam version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community
Other Scenery By Me
(all available on flightsim.to)
Six Flags Magic Mountain
Six Flags Over Texas
Busch Gardens Williamsburg
San Francisco - Oakland Bay Bridge night lighting enhancements
San Mateo Bridge
Richmond-San Rafael Bridge