With the positive response from the first version of the F22 Raptor, we wanted to continue this passion project and see if I could learn a few new skills and also have others experience a better F22 mod than the current bare bone, eyesore cockpit version.
Over the next few weeks / months I will be updating this project with newer textures, models and working internals in hopes to get a more true to life F22 out there for you all to enjoy.
Current list of things that work:
- Yoke Forward, Backwards, Left & Right
- Thrust control 1 and Thrust control 2
- Landing gear knob
- Flap switch
- 3 Dashboards
- Airspeed Indicator (Digital)
- Artificial Horizon (Digital)
- Cockpit glass interior and exterior reflections
You can follow some of how I started to approach this cockpit build here at FlightSimSquadron.com
- Maiden test flight with a rocky start :)
Let me know what you think and also what internals should be brought in.
Skills and tools that I am learning on the way:
- Blender - Hard Surface Modelling, Texturing and Image Baking (This is an almighty challenge)
- Substance Painter - Texturing and making it look good (Industry leading, another almighty challenge)
- XML & C++ for the interior gauges (C++ makes my eyes already water)
Really hope you all like it and if you do, comment on what parts I should work on next
Link to other Jet Fighters we have: https://flightsim-squadron.itch.io/flightsim-aircraft