This bush trip offers you all the legs of the real VFR flights we flew in May 2019 with a Cessna 172. It's a loop in California, Nevada and Arizona, from San Diego to Los Angeles, Monterey, Mojave, Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Marble Canyon, Sedona, Big Bear, Oceano and some others. Try to fly as much as we did in VFR by following VFR charts but most of all, look outside and enjoy the sightseeing+MSFS world rendition. This is my first bush trip thanks to BushTripInjector by BuffyGC. Comments are welcome!
Important: starting from version 1.1, if you have download and start a previous version of this Bush Trip, be advise that choosing the new version in MSFS Activity will make you restart all the leg.
What's new in V1.3
+ re-compile with the latest version of BushTripInjector 0.4.8.629 adding ATC WITH VOICE What's new in V1.2
+ re-compile with the latest version of BushTripInjector 0.4.7.626 adding ATC (NO voice, text only), weather selection, checklist.
Where this FW19 Bush Trip will fly you ?
- San Diego Montgomery field to Bakersfield via LAX
- Bakersfield to Monterey
- Monterey to Mojave
- Mojave to Las Vegas, NV via Edwards AFB
- Las Vegas to Page, AZ via the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon (VFR corridor)
- Page to Monument Valley
- Monument Valley to Marble Canyon
- Marble Canyon to Sedona
- Sedona to Twentynine Palms
- Twentynine Palms to Big Bear
- Big Bear to San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo to Oceano
- Oceano to Kern Valley
- Kern Valley to Zamperini/Torrance via Hollywood Sign and Los Angeles international
- Torrance to Catalina Avalon
- Catalina to San Diego via Miramar MCAS
- Flight length: 2000 nm
- Flight Duration: +17 hours (estimated)
- Number of legs: 16
- Min / Max leg: 19 min / 1h43min
How to install?
Unzip the file into your Community folder. Once installed go to Activities, Bush Trips and select Farwest'19 in the list.
- No altitude are set in the nav log due to Little Nav Map Flight Plan capabilities. There's no way to set altitude for each legs but some indications are available in each legs.
- As soon as you stop your plane, the legs stop and... congratulations! In MSFS you can stop on the runway or just after vacated. It's up to you. But then you have finished the leg. In real world, another journey starts: find a parking slot for the plane and most of the time find the way to the FBO and fuel
- This bush trip package use the Cessna 172 G1000 to be compatible with all MSFS version from standard to Premium Deluxe.
- The magenta line is not display on the G1000 MFD even if the full route is loaded. Because it would be too much helpful ;)
Do you recommend any extra MSFS addons? The mission can be played with a stock MSFS, but you can improve your experience with these add-ons:
- FSPM VFR Map by scelt to have a more detailed map in flight : click here.
- Bakersfield, Meadows Field by fatpossum32 : click here.
- Catalina Avalon (KAVX) freeware by JosueMejia: click here.
- Big Bear (L35) freeware by JosueMejia: click here.
- Downtown Los Angeles freeware enhanced with an improved Hollywood sign by Scenecadriver: click here.
- Monterey (KMRY) freeware by Captainvtol: click here.
- FlyTampa Las Vegas (payware): click here.
- My own scenery upgrade for Montgomery Field (KMYF) : click here.
Tools used to create this MSFS bush trip:
- Little Nav Map (LNM)
- Bush Trip Injector by BuffyGC available at flightsim.to
- Skyvector, Foreflight and Airnav.com
Want to know more? Check my blog : https://20-100-video.blogspot.com/2020/12/farwest-2019-microsoft-flight-simulator.html
Want to know more about the real Farwest 2019? Check all the french blog's posts for Farwest 2019 or start by the first one.