**VERSION 3.0 is available! PLEASE NOTE EDHK LIGHTS PACK ADDICTIONAL MOD IS NO LONGER REQUIRED.
- Bergamo night city redone from zero using Asobo default lights! External lights mod no longer required!;
- Lots of buildings and objects replaced using 3D party developers assets to match real life buildings as close as possible;
- Overall quality of the airstrip improved!
- Various roads and objects added around entire airstrip area to bring some more life to the scenery itself;
- Runway terraforming corrections.
WELCOME TO MY BERGAMO NIGHT LIGHTS + VALBREMBO AIRSTRIP MOD!
This was my very first project made for Microsoft Flight Simulator. I learned a lot thanks to this and i really do hope you will learn using the SDK for your self as well! It is a bit confusing and hard at the start but good results will eventually come after lot of practice!
Since this airstrip location is very close to my actual location, at the very first moment i looked at the default MFS airstrip and i said to my self: "why don't i try redone everything from scratch and see if i can get close to the real life scenery as much as i can"?
FULL FEATURES LIST
- Valbrembo airstrip redone from zero: it has been enhanced with various static objects, new sdk generic buildings, new taxiway links and parking spots based on the real life airstrip;
- Terraforming corrections;
- Wind mill close to Valbrembo airstrip (not existing in real world) moved underground;
- Rivers fixed for all the Pre-Alps and Alps of Lombardy;
- Brembo river , roads and vegetation various fixes around Valbrembo airstrip area;
- Bergamo city night illumination added (1 addictional mod required to see Bergamo's city handcrafted buildings)
A SHORT INFO OF THE VALBREMBO AIRSTRIP
Valbrembo airport (ICAO: LILV), also known as "Volo a Vela di Valbrembo" for italians, is a little regional airstrip located about 10 kms from the city of Bergamo, in the north of Italy.
The airport is also in front of some of the beautiful Pre-Alps, and it might become your departure point especially when you wish to fly towards the beautiful Alps!
The airstrip is mainly used in the real world for flight training sessions using gliders, helicopters and various GA little aircrafts.
Is also used for some special events and as a stop for various private pilots.
- A little terraformed hole is present at the south of the airport in order to hide the windmill. I tried placing a generic object to cover the hole but as a result, the windmill may pop up again.
INSTALLATION AND ADDICTIONAL MODS REQUIRED
- The installation process is the classic "drag and drop" used for almost every MODs: unzip and drag "bg-valbrembo" folder into your Community folder;
- 2 mods are required in order to enjoy all the features added!
https://flightsim.to/file/1923/mikea-at-assetpack for the various static objects added into the Valbrembo airstrip;
https://it.flightsim.to/file/13333/bergamo-alta-e-bassa for Bergamo city photogrammetry builidings (by luciosergio50)
SPECIAL THANKS TO
@Luciosergio50, author of the Bergamo's photogrammetry mod;
@Mikeaat and @colinj, authors of the addictional assets used for most of the objects.