This mod is still a WORK IN PROGRESS and I am working on this plane alone so please be mindful. I would like to give credits to the appropriate people:
- The original creator of the SSJ100, Edgar Guinart López of AEROPROYECTO for giving me permission to use his SSJ100 model.
- Rikoooo for the conversion from FS2004 to FSX Native.
- TJCaviation for helping me with model tweaking in MCX and fixing the cockpit position.
Feel free to make liveries for this plane. Get blender file for repaint here.
This project uses A32NX codes and is hence PARTIALLY OPEN-SOURCE under GPLv3 license (excluding the exterior 3D model and engine sounds). Feel free to contribute in GitHub. However, you don't need any version of A32NX installed as I have put, modify and recompile everything important from the A32NX source code.
For simbreif profile use this.
If you have any issues, please let me know in my Discord server issue channel.
AI autopilot would not work
SU5 onwards changes the lighting engine which causes all FSX convert aircraft to lose their reflection. Unfortunately, I can't fix it without converting it to a native model.
Sukhoi Superjet 100 (Now only "Superjet 100" ) is a regional jet designed by Sukhoi Civil Aircraft. It replaces Tupolev Tu-134 and Yakovlev Yak-42, as well as competes with Embraer E190 and Bombardier CRJ1000. It is the first Russian airliners designed after the fall of the Soviet Union. It uses PowerJet (Joint Venture between Safran and Russia's NPO Saturn) SaM 146 to power the aircraft. While it receives some international orders, SSJ100 has trouble gaining popularity outside Russia due to spare parts issues.
So, this is my attempt at fully converting an entire aircraft instead of modding an existing one. Unfortunately, I don't have any 3D modeling so I decided on an FSX convert. The model was originally released by AEROPROYECTO for FS2004 and later FSX. The cockpit uses the A32NX cockpit and includes the EFB and cup. The flight model, system, and other parts are based on A32NX with some considerable modification to match the dimension, stall speed, and performance during take-off, climb, cruise, descent, and landing as close to the information I can get from the SSJ100 FCOM and other online databases. It does take a considerable time so I cannot guarantee a study-level flight model and still some parts I would like to improve.
Includes 3 liveries; Aeroproyecto, Interjet and Aeroflot.
Simply drag and drop to the community folder to install the mod. Restart the game if necessary. Delete the corresponding CVT folder after each update.
Things to take note of:
There are some issues I cannot fix without help from anyone who has considerable experience in creating 3D models and sound of MSFS :
- Since the plane still uses the old FSX .mdl model format, it comes with a number of limitations that tI cannot solve unless it is converted to .gltf format, which takes a considerable of time and I only asked Edgar for permission to use the model and not modifying it to another format. Limitation includes no contrail, jet heat, and proper door animation. This also affects the interactive point so the catering truck and jetway may attach to the wrong door. You need to press "open aft door" to open the cargo door.
- Lights will also pass through the overhead panel parts of the wall because, by default, the interior model relies on the exterior model to block lights. Since the interior model and the exterior model do not match, by default, the external model is invisible when on cockpit view and vice versa. This also means some cockpit light will bleed out on the external view.
Issues that I am planning to fix once I have more time:
- The fuselage texture is still 1K. I have worked on an upscaled, clean version of the texture but It has proven to be more difficult than I anticipated.
- If you start mid-air or on the runway, the screen power-on time is considerably longer than in the A32NX ones.
- The engine on time is longer than the A32NX one and will sound like it failed to restart in the beginning. It will start properly after some time.
- Lights may not be accurate. I still looking for reference pictures.
- The reference speed values still need some tuning.
- Fuel prediction and (fixed) optimal cruise altitude calculation are still based on A320neo so it is inaccurate.
- Too much lift from flap and slats. Especially on full flaps which affect landing performance.
The mod is dual-licensed. The original model, textures, and sounds are under proprietary freeware license and should not be distributed outside this mod without permission from AEROPROYECTO. The panel, flight model, system, and other cfg files are open source under the MIT license and can be accessed via GitHub. The A32NX is open source under the MIT license.
Microsoft Flight Simulator © Microsoft Corporation. The Sukhoi Superjet 100 convert project was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" using assets from Microsoft Flight Simulator, and it is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft.
This project has taken way too long honestly so I probably won't update it that often aside from some bug update for a few months due to personal issues.
Thank you for downloading this mod and I hope you enjoy it.