Axis and Oh's Templates for Aerosoft CRJ 550/700
Hi! Here are a few Axis and Oh's templates for Aerosoft CRJ to use with the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle Quadrant.
The following templates are provided:
Additional RPN scripts are also provided to customize your hardware setup.
Importing and applying templates
To import and use the templates, please follow these steps:
1. Launch MSFS and load into an aircraft parking stand with the Aerosoft CRJ550/700.
2. Launch Axis and Oh's and wait for it to connect to the sim. The aircraft name will be displayed at the top, once it is connected.
3. Click on Templates > Import Template. Select a `ASCRJ_*.tmpl` file from this repository. Select Import.
4. Once the import is finished, click on Templates > Apply a template to this aircraft. Select the imported `ASCRJ_*` template from the list and click Apply.
5. If asked whether to replace or merge the config, select as you need. (Choose replace for a clean configuration.)
6. Set up a new profile in MSFS for the hardware with the bindings as mentioned below for each template.
7. Power up the aircraft and test the various switches on the hardware.
- Cockpit animations and sounds associated with hardware controls
- Multiple interaction modals for controls - press, long press, press and hold, etc.
- Autopilot Flight Control Panel support
- Custom throttle lever bindings enabling SHUT OFF/IDLE movements
- Custom reverser bindings to automatically stow and disengage reversers when the handles are released (without the need to wiggle the levers)
A Note about the Throttle Operation
You need to use the commercial 2-engine setup for the levers on the TQ, using the middle two slots. Before starting the aircraft, move the throttle levers down to the detent button position. This corresponds to the throttle SHUT OFF position. When you need to introduce fuel to the engine, simply push forward the levers out from the detent position to the axis low position. This corresponds to clicking the red guards and moving the throttle to the IDLE position to introduce fuel. You will see the red locks disengaging automatically and the throttles moving to the IDLE position. To cut fuel and turn off the engines, move the throttle levers back to the detent position. You will see the red guards lifting automatically and throttles moving to the SHUT OFF position.
To engage the thrust reversers, pull the reverser handles back. This corresponds to setting the maximum reverse thrust. To disengage reverse thrust, just release the reverser handles. This will set the engines to IDLE, like in the real aircraft.
1. You need to have a licenced copy of Axis and Oh's to use these templates. You can try out a free demo of Axis and Oh's to check if the templates work with your hardware. NOTE: I am not associated or affiliated with Axis and Oh's or its developers.
2. The scripts are developed based on the model behavior definitions and internal LVars of the aircrafts. If the arcraft developers change the model behavior logic and/or LVars, the scripts may break. Please file an issue in the github repository for any incorrect behavior of the scripts.
3. No axis bindings are provided as part of the template. You need to set up your axis bindings according to Aerosoft's recommendation for the CRJ in the MSFS controls settings. Please read the included readme on how to set up the hardware.